The PowerRangers are a
big huge deal in our house right now. So huge, in fact, that the boys have begun inventing their own storylines because the existing episodes just don’t do it for them any longer. The current season (the 14th incarnation of the PowerRangers) is known as PowerRangers: Mystic Force, and our household has witnessed the invention of dozens of other ‘Forces.’ Some of these have been manly, intimidating names that would make any self-respecting PowerRanger proud (e.g., ‘Fire Force’ and ‘Laser Force’). Others, however, have been a bit less impressive. What follows is a list of five names that our four year old has come up with over the past few days:
1. PowerRangers: Pillow Force
2. PowerRangers: Diaper Force
3. PowerRangers: Do-Your-Best-Bear Force (named for one of his favorite Care Bears)
4. PowerRangers: Puppet Force
5. PowerRangers: Marshmallow Force
Not surprisingly, none of these have caught on (yet).